Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2016 recruiting

Go down 
+12
MgoBlue
hailtoyourvictor
MGOBLUEBC
fishgoblue22
squeezebox
wshoes
GOBLUEJOE66
ThatGuy
EJinGA
dwoody
joe
sandyeggo_blue
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

2016 recruiting - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 6:06 pm

Ron Johnson takes most of the sting out of losing Khalid Kareem. In terms of talent it's a wash so that's the good news. This is a really good pickup for UM. It is clear that as soon as Khalid went to Bama Johnson was waiting in wings to pounce on the spot.

Now does Johnson's high school teammate brad hawkins drop for UM? Hawkins is scheduled to visit in July and has set a commit date one week later (7/26).

I really have to update my class predictions. I'll do that tonight.

BTW that's 14 commits this month. WOW!

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 6:36 pm

So we finally got Rojo!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 6:38 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
Ron Johnson is blue!

http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/Johnson-Commits-To-Michigan-37934819

Always good to get a DE. Need depth at that position.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 7:27 pm

wshoes wrote:
So we finally got Rojo!

+2 Laughing Laughing

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 7:30 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:
Ron Johnson is blue!

http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/Johnson-Commits-To-Michigan-37934819

Always good to get a DE.  Need depth at that position.

I plan on starting thread with the depth chart for the upcoming season. I'm pretty close to having it done. But yes our DE depth is just awful.

The only thing though that might be a saving grace is that Durkin plays a lot of BUCK LBs which from what I can tell are essentially mobile/agile DEs play like LBs. So maybe traditional DE formations and depth won't be necessary????

I don't know though. Can anyone touch on that and help explain it to me?

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 7:35 pm

wshoes wrote:
So we finally got Rojo!

What's sad is that is hilarious!

ROJO update?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
squeezebox

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 9:11 am

Quinn Nordin article - n°1 kicker in 2016

Here's a link to an article about Quinn Nordin, the n°1 kicker in 2016 class. Doesn't say much other than he would like to make his decision soon and that he wants to meet with Harbaugh before hand. He is projected by 247 as a 100% UM lean.
Thought it would be interesting to put his name back on the table, as he is more or less left out of the recruiting discussion.

Decision Nearing for Nordin
http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1557959-decision-nearing-for-nordin?s=162
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 9:34 am

i know that UM seems to be the lock but I think Penn St is in play. I'm also worried about the scholarship numbers for UM. I think UM has three special teams scholarships right now (david, sypnewski, oniell). oneill is one and done so I think the best shot at getting nordin a spot. sound like nordin is ready to pull the trigger though. would be nice to have him.

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 11:34 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
i know that UM seems to be the lock but I think Penn St is in play. I'm also worried about the scholarship numbers for UM. I think UM has three special teams scholarships right now (david, sypnewski, oniell). oneill is one and done so I think the best shot at getting nordin a spot. sound like nordin is ready to pull the trigger though. would be nice to have him.

Agree about the scolarship numbers. I think that's why he wants to talk to Harbaugh in the near future.

I'm beginning to think that there might be some scholarship juggling, if these higher rated prospects want to commit. There is some noise over on MGoBlog about Harbaugh's recruitng practices at Stanford and replacing lower level recruits, if space was needed. Should be an interesting next couple of months.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 2:52 pm

Just saw this and this doesn't look good for Michigan in regards to Rashan Gary, IMO:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/nation-s-top-recruit-planning-a-five-day-visit-to-auburn-062515

5 days visiting Auburn? Wtf does a recruit do for 5 days? Why.....unless he's SERIOUSLY considering committing to that school?

SIAP before.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 5:06 pm

Whatever...as long as he's not going to play for Satan.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 5:26 pm

Paid Vacation?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 10:00 am

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
Just saw this and this doesn't look good for Michigan in regards to Rashan Gary, IMO:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/nation-s-top-recruit-planning-a-five-day-visit-to-auburn-062515

5 days visiting Auburn? Wtf does a recruit do for 5 days? Why.....unless he's SERIOUSLY considering committing to that school?

SIAP before.

this has popped up since yesterday  https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=880&script=%2Fcontent%2Easp&cid=1779090

it's a link to a pay article on Rivals. I don't have a subscription to Rivals but apparently it says that Gary will not be taking his trips to Bama, Auburn or Ole Miss. The article is also supposed to say something along the lines of "I got to see the business building where I'll be going" but apparently that version was edited later on. Just though I'd pass that on.

Does anyone have a Rival subscription that can touch on this.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 11:24 am

Interesting to see that conner murphy is trending nice for UM right now

http://247sports.com/Player/Connor-Murphy-69285

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 11:39 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Interesting to see that conner murphy is trending nice for UM right now

http://247sports.com/Player/Connor-Murphy-69285

Yeah, he's the kid that Jim Harbaugh and DJ Durkin baby sat for when his mother went into labor while JH and DJ were at their house for an in home for Murphy's older brother.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 11:45 am

Another busy couple of weeks for Harbaugh and his staff. they secured 3 more commits this week, which is what I predicted, unfortunately for me, none of the kids that committed were who I thought it was going to be.  

Here is my UPDATED commit list and my UPDATED predictions for the class.

5* DT Rashan Gary 6-4 290lbs Paramus Catholic (Paramus, NJ)
4* SDE Ron Johnson 6-4 240lbs Camden (Camden, NJ) - Committed
4* WDE Connor Murphy 6-7 250lbs Brophy College Preparatory (Phoenix, AZ)
2* SDE Rashad Weaver 6-5 245lbs Cooper City (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - Committed

3* ILB Dele Harding 6-1 232lbs Eastern Christian (Elkton, MD) - Committed
3* ILB David Reese 6-1 235lbs Farmington (Farmington, MI) - Committed
3* ILB Dytarious Johnson 6-1 205lbs Prattville (Prattville, AL) - Committed
3* OLB Jonathan Jones 6-1 220lbs Oak Ridge (Orlando, FL)

5* OT Ben Bredeson 6-5 293lbs Arrowhead (Hartland, WI) - Committed

4* OT Erik Swenson 6-7 285lbs Downers Grove South (Downers Grove, IL) - Committed
4* OG Michael Onwenu 6-3 365lbs Cass Technical (Detroit, MI) - Committed
4* OG Terrance Davis 6-4 305lbs DeMatha Catholic (Hyattsville, MD)
4* OT Devery Hamilton 6-6 290lbs Gilman (Baltimore, MD) - Committed

4* TE Naseir Upshur 6-3 233lbs Imhotep Institute (Philadelphia, PA)
4* ATH Ahmir Mitchell 6-3 206lbs Cedar Creek (Egg Harbor City, NJ)
4* WR Brad Hawkins 6-1 202lbs Camden (Camden, NJ)
4* APB Chris Evans 5-11 186lbs Ben Davis (Indianapolis, IN) - Committed
3* WR Donald Stewart 6-4 180lbs Paramus Catholic (Paramus, NJ)  
3* TE Sean McKeon 6-5 230lbs Shepherd Hill (Dudley, MA) - Committed

4* PRO Brandon Peters 6-5 205lbs Avon (Avon, IN) - Committed
3* ATH Victor Viramontes 6-2 22lbs Norco (Norco, CA) - Committed

3* CB Antwaine Richardson 6-0 165lbs Atlantic (Delray Beach, FL) - Committed
3* CB Benjamin St. Juste 6-3 170lbs Cegep du Vieux (Quebec) - Committed
3* S Devin Gil 6-1 205lbs Charles W Flanagan (Hollywood, FL)
2* S Josh Metellus 6-0 187lbs Charles W Flanagan (Hollywood, FL) - Committed

3* RB Kiante Enis 6-1 200lbs Winchester Community Sch (Winchester, IN) - Committed
3* RB Matthew Falcon 6-1 215lbs Southfield (Southfield, MI) - Committed
3* FB Kingston Davis 6-1 225lbs Prattville (Prattville, AL) - Committed

3* K Quinn Nordin 6-1 200lbs Rockford (Rockford, MI)

I still have Gary in the class. His visit went great and I have heard (but can't confirm) that he may not be taking his southern visits. Still a long way to go with his recruitment.

I put Connor Murphy on the board and took Terrell Lucas off. Murphy seems to be the flavor of the week right now.

I took Khalid Kareem off the board and replaced with commit Ron Johnson. Kareem was a UM lock until the night before his committment to Bama. Johsnon is basically a wash in terms of talent.

Good news is UM had another big pickup with the Devery Hamilton commit. This OL class looks really good.  

Benjamin St Juste is on the board. IMO he was an out-of-nowhere commit. After his commitment he was given a 3* with an initial 82 grade. This might be the best under the radar player in the entire 2016 class. This kid is huge for a CB.  

I'm putting Brad Hawkins on the board. With Ron Johnson committing I think that really helps UM's chances. Plus he's moved up his commit date. He should be onboard by the end of the week.  

I have taken 4* CB David Long off of the board. Mostly because he's trending PAC and we got a commit from St Juste.

I am reconsidering Lavert Hill's status. Last week's twitter frenzy has given me the slightest bit of renewed hope, just not enough to put him back on my board though.  

From all accounts the Jonathan Jones visit went well. I still  feel like he is a guy that could pull the trigger at any time. He remains on the board.

I'm still not ready to put Devin Bush Jr in the class. I think he stays legacy and ends up at FSU. Plus the numbers are getting really tight. All that said, Metellus is said to be putting in a lot of work on him.

I put Quinn Nordin on the board but I still think he might end up elsewhere. Maybe Penn St.

I believe this class would put UM 12 over the scholarship limit.

If all of these kids drop that would give UM a total class score of 270.64 which should easily be good enough for UM to finish with a top 10 class.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 12:53 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

JH will trim the dead weight.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 1:27 pm

A top 10 finish would be nice and a good first step for Harbaugh and company.

Good news on Gary. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 2:28 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:

SIAP before.

this has popped up since yesterday  https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=880&script=%2Fcontent%2Easp&cid=1779090

it's a link to a pay article on Rivals. I don't have a subscription to Rivals but apparently it says that Gary will not be taking his trips to Bama, Auburn or Ole Miss. The article is also supposed to say something along the lines of "I got to see the business building where I'll be going" but apparently that version was edited later on. Just though I'd pass that on.

No subscription but I saw this:

"Of this trip, Gary told Rivals, "We got to see the academic building and the business building where I'd be taking my classes. I want to major in business. I talked with (U-M director of athletic counseling) Greg Harden. ... He was a good guy."

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/06/five-star_dt_rashan_gary_natio_1.html

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 3:38 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:

SIAP before.

No subscription but I saw this:

"Of this trip, Gary told Rivals, "We got to see the academic building and the business building where I'd be taking my classes. I want to major in business. I talked with (U-M director of athletic counseling) Greg Harden. ... He was a good guy."

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/06/five-star_dt_rashan_gary_natio_1.html

yep and apparently the article originally read, "We got to see the academic building and the business building where I will be taking my classes."

I didn't see it though but that is the information that the other boards are passing on. So TIFWIW.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 3:40 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Natural attrition plus the fact that not all 5th years will be guaranteed a scholly (I think there will be 12 but I will have to check that) should get the number down but it's likely "trimming" will need done and I'm on the record that I don't like. I'm also on the record as saying I like winning. So I'm torn.

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 5:40 pm

Thanks for the update on Gary, Sandy. That is better news.....now, just hope we can land him.

Just remember though.....we're talkin Auburn here. Does Cam Newton ring a bell?

Got my fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 7:04 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Natural attrition plus the fact that not all 5th years will be guaranteed a scholly (I think there will be 12 but I will have to check that) should get the number down but it's likely "trimming" will need done and I'm on the record that I don't like.  I'm also on the record as saying I like winning. So I'm torn.

I'm ok with not guaranteeing a 5th year. If they haven't contributed in 4, then it is time to move on. 5th year guys can transfer and play right away if they have there under grad degree, so no one is hurt by it.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 5:13 pm

I'm shocked that no one else (eggo) mentioned this yet, but maybe it is because this was pretty much known for a while. Hawkins is now officially verbally committed to Michigan. The 2016 class is up to 21 people now.

http://www.scout.com/player/7503197n-brad-hawkins?s=143

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: When is the BBQ?   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 7:18 pm

July or August?

http://www.maizenbrew.com/2015/7/7/8909287/rashan-gary-jersey-boys-visiting-for-the-bbq

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 12:13 am

August 2nd. Gotta make up ground on auburn.

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 8:43 am

Just tell him Auburn is in Alabama... He'll see the light and head to UofM.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 10:34 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
...I put Quinn Nordin on the board but I still think he might end up elsewhere. Maybe Penn St...

well there you have it. Penn St just like I thought. With David being in last years class and Oneill being the transfer for this year and the fact that the class is already full with more to commit the writing was on the wall.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 5:28 am

BTW big move for USC getting Sidney, Pittman and Pollard this week(none of which UM was in on). That moves them up 5. B1G Ten east still with 4 of the top ten in the 247 rankings.

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 2:35 pm

Well eggo, I see BP made the Elite 11. And, this is a kid from what I understand hasn't had that much qb training???? WOW, if true.

I'm glad now that DeWeaver went to that sh*t-hole in EL! He didn't even make the cut at the Elite 11.

Anyways, someday we'll find out who ends up the better QB, but, with JH et-al coaching this kid I like his odds ending up the better of the two.

Going to be one hell of a QB battle down the road for Michigan, IMO. Can't wait to see it unfold!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

2016 recruiting
Page 4 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next