Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Next Head Coach Suggestions

Go down 
+8
MgoBlue
GOBLUEJOE66
dwoody
sandyeggo_blue
blu4vr
BOLEACH7
Admin
gm_goblue1205
12 posters
AuthorMessage
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

Next Head Coach Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 3:55 pm

Guys we know that Hoke is done so here are the suggested candidates for Michigan Football

Second-Tier Candidates (possible, but unlikely at this time):

Greg Roman, 49ers Offensive Coordinator-Slim but probably not
Lloyd Carr, retired Michigan head coach-I think he is a good candidate but not rule it out either
Kirby Smart, Alabama Defensive Coordinator- he mite take over for Nick Saban at Alabama but thats a long shot
Chuck Martin, Miami (OH) Head Coach-I heard he know how to coach he was at Notre Dame as an OC for that championship run in 2013
Jim Harbaugh, 49ers Head Coach-Its slim but the 49ers brass want too part ways but give him a blank check and a new AD then hes a New HC

First-Tier Candidates:

Cam Cameron, LSU Offensive Coordinator-He was a Michigan from 83-93 as a OC but I dont know about that one
Les Miles, LSU Head Coach-I read about Les that if its a New AD is there at Michigan and the job is offer to him we will take the job
Kevin Sumlin, Texas A&M Head Coach-I dont think hes going to leave Texas A&M
Tyrone Wheatley, Buffalo Bills Running Backs Coach-He's doing a great job at Buffalo he might be an NFL OC soon but stay tuned
John Harbaugh, head coach, Ravens- just like Jim give him a blank check and a New AD in place but i rule that one out

whats your thoughts on these rumored candidates
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 4:25 pm

I would put Jim Harbaugh in the First-Tier, drop Tyrone Wheatley and Cam Cameron to the Second-Tier. In fact, I'd drop Wheatley altogether.

I personally don't want a 'up and comer' coach. We're Michigan (that used to mean something). We should be able to go out and land any established coach we want, generally speaking. We shouldn't have to take any 'chances'.

I'm skeptical about John Harbaugh, as I have posted on other threads. The demands on a CFB coach, in my eyes, outweigh those of a NFL coach (recruiting, alumni/donor engagements, etc.). If I were making the hiring decision, John would have to kill the interview and show some serious passion for recruiting.

Kevin Sumlin - I'll take him in a heartbeat. Guy wins everywhere he goes, and that's all I give a damn about.

Cam Cameron - see my comment about taking chances. Love his track record as a coordinator, but I think the last time he captain'd a ship it was at IU...which didn't go well at all.

Les Miles - my dream hire, next to Jim Harbaugh

Wheatley - on the coaching hierarchy, the highest I would want Wheatley on that chart would be RB coach. He's still very green when being compared to these others. But don't get me wrong, would love to have him on our sidelines. Either he or Mike Hart should be named the next RB coach.

Chuck Martin - I don't know enough about him, but I'm not taking a chance on a up-and-comer. This would be all too Brady Hoke for me.

Kirby Smart - his defenses are awesome...but again, I want an established head coach.

Lloyd Carr - too old. We'd be looking for another coach within 5 years. Too much instability. And, unfortunately, the guy couldn't beat OSU his last six years or so.

BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Lloyd Carr should never have anything to do with Michigan football again.... Jimbo, then Les and finally Sumelin
Back to top Go down
blu4vr

PostSubject: Re: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 6:02 pm

Admin wrote:
We're Michigan (that used to mean something). We should be able to go out and land any established coach we want

If that is true, go hire Saban or Meyer. Grab Pete Carrol or get Jimmy Johnson out of retirement. I know, Chip Kelly, or Spurrier. I can go on, but you get my point.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 6:03 pm

gm_goblue1205 wrote:
Guys we know that Hoke is done so here are the suggested candidates for Michigan Football

Second-Tier Candidates (possible, but unlikely at this time):

Greg Roman, 49ers Offensive Coordinator-Slim but probably not
Lloyd Carr, retired Michigan head coach-I think he is a good candidate but not rule it out either
Kirby Smart, Alabama Defensive Coordinator- he mite take over for Nick Saban at Alabama but thats a long shot
Chuck Martin, Miami (OH) Head Coach-I heard he know how to coach he was at Notre Dame as an OC for that championship run in 2013
Jim Harbaugh, 49ers Head Coach-Its slim but the 49ers brass want too part ways but give him a blank check and a new AD then hes a New HC

First-Tier Candidates:

Cam Cameron, LSU Offensive Coordinator-He was a Michigan from 83-93 as a OC but I dont know about that one
Les Miles, LSU Head Coach-I read about Les that if its a New AD is there at Michigan and the job is offer to him we will take the job
Kevin Sumlin, Texas A&M Head Coach-I dont think hes going to leave Texas A&M
Tyrone Wheatley, Buffalo Bills Running Backs Coach-He's doing a great job at Buffalo he might be an NFL OC soon but stay tuned
John Harbaugh, head coach, Ravens- just like Jim give him a blank check and a New AD in place but i rule that one out

whats your thoughts on these rumored candidates

Cam stays first tier. Agree on dropping TW Sr to second tier. Jim Harbaugh will always be first tier.

BTW welcome to the forum 1205

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 8:59 pm

If Lllloyd is brought back, I will NEVER watch another Michigan game. That man ruined Michigan football. His teams were never ready the first game of the season. He deserved the Appy debacle.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 9:48 pm

dwoody wrote:
If Lllloyd is brought back, I will NEVER watch another Michigan game. That man ruined Michigan football. His teams were never ready the first game of the season. He deserved the Appy debacle.

+5

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 10:25 pm

ok I'll be the first guy in line to buy a ticket to bash lloyd carr, especially at a time like this, particularly because I feel he's partly responsible for the current state of the program, meaning that the coaching situation now is a direct affect of the petty, spiteful, egotistical wheels he put in motion 7 years ago.

that said, lloyd went 120-40 and won five big ten titles. He was also 19-8 against top ten teams.

Do I feel like Lloyd underachieved at times? absolutely. but do I feel like he is a much better coach than hoke? without a doubt. Particularly, lloyd and his staff developed decent talent. They definitely weren't on the level of development  as Beilein and his staff but they did a good job with what they had. The number of guys that went to the NFL under Carr speaks for itself.

IMO Lloyds inability to coach against the spread teams was actually pretty amazing but he still won a major portion of the games he was supposed to (unlike Hoke).

I agree, he deserved App St. but it was not solely because of his failure to get the team ready for an opener.  A lot of it can be pinned on the upperclassmen on that team that failed to keep the locker room in check with the leadership they were expected to supply. That includes some of my favorite wolverines of all time.

I think a big part of the fan base pushing lloyd out the door was the lack of excitement from the team. The UM fan base was watching other teams put up these exciting numbers and the grass was always looking greener everywhere we turned. Oh yeah.... Tressel was owning him too. The stretch of four strait bowl game losses didn't help. Although it should be noted that UM lost two rose bowls in a row to USC and Texas teams that were loaded (and each won the NC the next year).

IMO the 2005 season was really the beginning of the end (not the app st game like many think). No way that team should have lost 5 games. And to top it off the loss to a terrible nebraska team in alamo bowl was like twisting the knife (especially the way they lost).  

I know lloyd and co. followed it up with a really exciting 2006 but closing out the season with another loss to O$U and then getting owned by USC in the rose bowl was sobering. it was clear lloyd wasn't the guy anymore. Then the next game came and went (season opener against app st) and the rest is history.

the worst part was watching them open the playbook in his last game coaching against Florida in the Capitol One bowl game and win in dominating fashion. The score might not show it but UM absolutely dominated that game. I was there, saw it with my own eyes. I remember walking about from that game happy for the win but kind of bummed thinking about what could have been. Wondering why we didn't play like that all the time. Boring Carr ball instead.

Let's not forget that Lloyd (and his wife Laurie) has also done some damn nice things for the community as well. There is no taking that away from him.

No way Lloyd should ever coach another UM team, but gun to my head I'd  probably choose him over Brady Hoke right now.

PostSubject: Re: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 10:37 pm

I like Sumlin A LOT.

I am going to throw a name out the NO ONE has said. Jason Garrett. Not sure how he would do in the college game but i think this will be his last season in Dallas. Went to school at Princeton (SMART). At 48 years old he is not going to retire any time soon. He hasn't had a break down working for the ego maniac Jerry Jones so the pressure should not be an issue.

The best part is neither of these two are "Michigan Men." A big part of me thinks we need to get away from that bullshit. Bo was not a Michigan man prior to coming to Michigan. Michigan men have not done much for us lately. It's time to bring in a winner Michigan ties or not.

P.S.-I have been very clear that we do not have a chance in hell at getting any Harbaugh. I still believe that with every fiber of my being. Neither are really on the hot seat in their current positions. I do not buy into the whole John is losing the locker room bit. I also believe there will be teams lining up for his services if he becomes available. They are in the upper echelon of their profession at the highest level of it. That said, I would be ecstatic if Jim Harbaugh was our coach. He would be an absolute home run hire. It's not going to happen. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 10:42 pm

I am not advocating for Hoke. He has proven to be a doofus. However, Lllloyd is a petty, vindictive prick and bad, bad, bad for Michigan. That's all I'm saying.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 10:47 pm

@Sandy Lloyd had some good qualities and certainly won us some games. No argument there. That said if half the stuff that is coming out about him sabotaging the program is true it erases everything else. Look at the current state of the program? We have been set back to depths i do not think we have been at in the 40 years of me being on this planet. That is unacceptable. For all the good he did, he undid it as he was staying involved with the program. They didn't just cast him away. They wanted him to continue to be involved. If this is how he thanked them for that trust than he deserves a legacy that has him remembered for being a spiteful POS.

Again, IF the rumors are true.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 10:52 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
@Sandy Lloyd had some good qualities and certainly won us some games.  No argument there.  That said if half the stuff that is coming out about him sabotaging the program is true it erases everything else.  Look at the current state of the program?  We have been set back to depths i do not think we have been at in the 40 years of me being on this planet.  That is unacceptable.  For all the good he did, he undid it as he was staying involved with the program. They didn't just cast him away.  They wanted him to continue to be involved.  If this is how he thanked them for that trust than he deserves a legacy that has him remembered for being a spiteful POS.

Again, IF the rumors are true.

there is no doubt, they are not rumors. They have been confirmed on every level. The ONLY person not to talk about it is lloyd himself.

I don't want him back, EVER. but if I had to make a choice (for football wins) it would be lloyd over brady in a heartbeat.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 8:52 am

dwoody wrote:
I am not advocating for Hoke. He has proven to be a doofus. However, Lllloyd is a petty, vindictive prick and bad, bad, bad for Michigan. That's all I'm saying.

I agree and he is not coming back to the sidelines but if he did I'd still be 100 percent for Michigan-can't be any other way.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 9:28 am

I've been hatin' on former defensive coordinator Lllloyd for 20 years, as of today. Can you guess why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 11:20 am

Well woody, you just gotta let some things go.

Hail Mary's are just that. Prayers. Sometimes others' prayers work better than yours.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 12:06 pm

It certainly helps when you only rush three guys and give the QB 15 minutes to run around and throw the ball.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 12:50 pm

Chuck Martin won two National Championships at Grand Valley and his teams played in the championship game three times.  He only lost 7 games at GV in six years.  Left to join Kelly at ND.  This is his first year at Miami OH and it will be bad, but he inherited zero talent.

I would advocate him for the UM job.  Only drawback is he wears a sweater vest on the sideline.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 1:40 pm

Hell I'll tak Mr Sweatervest himself if he helps us win.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 1:52 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Chuck Martin won two National Championships at Grand Valley and his teams played in the championship game three times.  He only lost 7 games at GV in six years.  Left to join Kelly at ND.  This is his first year at Miami OH and it will be bad, but he inherited zero talent.

I would advocate him for the UM job.  Only drawback is he wears a sweater vest on the sideline.

I will not be happy with another MAC level coach. A guy we "hope" pans out. We need a grand slam statement hire. Harbaughs or Sumlin or Cameron or someone like that.

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 2:18 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

I will not be happy with another MAC level coach. A guy we "hope" pans out. We need a grand slam statement hire. Harbaughs or Sumlin or Cameron or someone like that.

I agree with this.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 2:22 pm

Let me just say one more thing: First & foremost, we need to replace the AD then worry about the next coach IMO.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 4:52 pm

Wasn't Bo a MAC level coach before UM? We need to face facts, UM is no longer a top tier coaching job. An up and comer is all UM is going to get at this point.

Chuck Martin has won as a lower level HC and has won as an FBS OC.

UM is not getting Harbaugh, or Harbaugh or Gruden. Maybe a past his prime Les Miles,but fans need to set their sights lower.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 5:50 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Wasn't Bo a MAC level coach before UM?  We need to face facts, UM is no longer a top tier coaching job.  An up and comer is all UM is going to get at this point.

UM is not getting Harbaugh, or Harbaugh or Gruden.  Maybe a past his prime Les Miles,but fans need to set their sights lower.

Not fair to compare Bo like that. of course almost every successful coach started near the bottom at one point and time. We don't consider Beilein a Community College or MAAC coach anymore do we? No he's an elite coach coaching in the most elite conference in college BBall.

UM doesn't have time to wait for a MAC type coach to show us he is "BO-esque". UM needs to make a statement hire. It HAS to happen. UM is used to winning yet we've had two good seasons in the last ten years (2006 and 2011) neither of which produced a Big ten Championship. The longer we are ok with mediocre (coaches or players or product) the farther we will fall and the harder it will be to get back into the elite company.

the UM football program over the last 8 years has mirrored America's economic classes. The gap is widening and UM is getting left behind. We absolutely need a statement hire. It HAS to happen.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 6:10 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
Wasn't Bo a MAC level coach before UM?  We need to face facts, UM is no longer a top tier coaching job.  An up and comer is all UM is going to get at this point.

UM is not getting Harbaugh, or Harbaugh or Gruden.  Maybe a past his prime Les Miles,but fans need to set their sights lower.

Not fair to compare Bo like that. of course almost every successful coach started near the bottom at one point and time. We don't consider Beilein a Community College or MAAC coach anymore do we? No he's an elite coach coaching in the most elite conference in college BBall.

UM doesn't have time to wait for a MAC type coach to show us he is "BO-esque". UM needs to make a statement hire. It HAS to happen. UM is used to winning yet we've had two good seasons in the last ten years (2006 and 2011) neither of which produced a Big ten Championship. The longer we are ok with mediocre (coaches or players or product) the farther we will fall and the harder it will be to get back into the elite company.

the UM football program over the last 8 years has mirrored America's economic classes. The gap is widening and UM is getting left behind. We absolutely need a statement hire. It HAS to happen.

There is no mystic anymore.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 11:43 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
Hell I'll tak Mr Sweatervest himself if he helps us win.

+10000

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Head Coach Suggestions   Next Head Coach Suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

Next Head Coach Suggestions
Page 1 of 1