Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach

Go down 
+5
MgoBlue
sandyeggo_blue
fishgoblue22
the artist formally known
booboo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
booboo

booboo

Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach Empty
PostSubject: Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach   Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 6:46 pm

@badgerfootball Statement on #Badgers head coach

Gary Andersen informed the Wisconsin football team at a team meeting at 4pm wednesday that he was taking the head coaching job at Oregon State University. UW Director of Athletics Barry Alverez has immediately started a national search for a new head football coach.

Goes on few more paragraphs, GA thanking Wisconsin for giving him a chance. UW Chancellor thanking GA for his time, etc etc.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach   Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 6:51 pm

Wow major blow to Wisconsin, Why would you leave a proven team in the good division to play Oregon every year.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach   Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 6:59 pm

He's a Northwest guy from Utah. Maybe he wants to be closer to home.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach   Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 7:10 pm

Gary Anderson was in over his head at UW. it showed during the B1G championship game.

This worries me because Barry Alvarez is IMO the the BEST AD in the country, hands down. Barry can get anyone he wants to give a serious look at UW. Barry's name carries a LOT of weight.

When Florida and Nebraska hired their coaches that left Michigan as the top dog. Basically it made Michigan the biggest named place to coach, also the place with the most money too.

Oregon St and Colorado St were going to play second fiddle to UM in the coaching search.

If Jim says no then that leaves UM to fight over the next best coach with Wisconsin. That is a fight UM could lose and before you know it we're down to our 5th or 6th choice.

PostSubject: Re: Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach   Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 7:27 pm

Wisconsin doesn't pay shit. That is why he is leaving. Same reason Bert left. I am not worried about Wisconsins coaching search affecting ours.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach   Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 7:34 pm

From ESPN's Adam Rittenberg on twitter @ESPNrittenberg Wsconsin's academic policies for getting players in had to play huge part in Andersen's decision. Had been extrememly frustrated

Another tweet: Wisconsin needs to take hard look in mirror. Two coaches leaving for less prestigious jobs.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach   Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 8:29 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
Wisconsin doesn't pay shit.  That is why he is leaving.  Same reason Bert left.  I am not worried about Wisconsins coaching search affecting ours.  
my guess is that they will try hard to get Paul Cryst again. This time he might go and that would be a home run hire for UW. The fans will love it also.

The beat will go on in Madison.

PostSubject: Re: Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach   Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 9:04 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
MgoBlue wrote:
Wisconsin doesn't pay shit.  That is why he is leaving.  Same reason Bert left.  I am not worried about Wisconsins coaching search affecting ours.  
my guess is that they will try hard to get Paul Cryst again. This time he might go and that would be a home run hire for UW. The fans will love it also.

The beat will go on in Madison.
Paul Chryst from Pitt the circle just keeps going around 1 leaves 1 come open Arrow

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach   Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 9:47 pm

they are also pretty damn fond of Darrell Bevell up in Madison. I wouldn't be surprised if they looked at him.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach   Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 10:56 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
This worries me because Barry Alvarez is IMO the the BEST AD in the country, hands down. Barry can get anyone he wants to give a serious look at UW. Barry's name carries a LOT of weight.

Nope, highly disagree. Barry doesn't know shit (sorry about my language but he's HATED in college hockey circles). IMHO Barry is why GA left. Granted Barry isn't bad in the same way DB Brandon was (at least Barry did his job) but Barry is a douche, GA leaving for Oregon freeking State proves that.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach   Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 11:30 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Nope, highly disagree.  Barry doesn't know shit (sorry about my language but he's HATED in college hockey circles).  IMHO Barry is why GA left.  Granted Barry isn't bad in the same way DB Brandon was (at least Barry did his job) but Barry is a douche, GA leaving for Oregon freeking State proves that.

it is being reported that anderson left UW because of the academic standards. Also I wouldn't doubt he was homesick for the northwest. he's born and raised in Utah. went to college there too.

I haven't heard of one former coach or assistant (especially in football) that has ever had a bad word to say about Barry. The fans love him and the students love him. I get up to the Madison area quite a bit and I have several friends both alumns and non alumns and I've never heard one bad work about Barry out of anyone's mouth. In fact I remember a few years ago when Bret split to Arkansas and Barry stepped up to coach the Rose Bowl Madison basically broke out into one big party.

Barry is loved there.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach   Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 11:31 pm

and just like that...

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/2014/12/10/seahawks-oc-darrell-bevell-could-be-candidate-at-wisconsin/

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach   Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 11:39 pm

my thoughts, Bevell probably won't leave because the Seahawks will make the playoffs and Chryst probably wants to stick around Pitt to develop his team. Pitt is super young and showing a lot of potential.

O$U OC Tom Herman will probably be on their list also.

PostSubject: Re: Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach   Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 11:41 pm

What about Narduzzi, he could be in the mix, if they are going to do coordinator

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach   Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 2:42 am

Dantonio won't let Narduzzi off of his d*** long enough to even interview for the job.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach   Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 7:47 am

76 position coaches around the country make more than the coordinators at Wisc. Beilima complained about not enough money to keep assistant coaches, part of the reason he left. I'm sure money had something to do with Anderson leaving.

Narduzzi won't be a head coach for a while. He doesn't interview well and most think Dantonio actually runs the defense.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach   Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 8:45 am

I'd hate to see Tom Herman at Wisconsin. When he gets a HC gig I hope it's out of BT. I think he's going to make someone a good HC imo.

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach   Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 9:26 am

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
I'd hate to see Tom Herman at Wisconsin. When he gets a HC gig I hope it's out of BT. I think he's going to make someone a good HC imo.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

PostSubject: Re: Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach   Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 10:36 am

I read today that UM should consider him. But with no head coaching experience he likely is off UM's radar. We cannot take a chance on an "up and comer" for this critical choice. Herman will likely be a head coach someday (I also saw his name mentioned for the Wisky job) but hopefully not in the B1G.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach   Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 11:28 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Narduzzi won't be a head coach for a while.  He doesn't interview well and most think Dantonio actually runs the defense.

I hadn't heard that, I'm not denying it but can you provide a source?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach   Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 7:23 am

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
Narduzzi won't be a head coach for a while.  He doesn't interview well and most think Dantonio actually runs the defense.

I hadn't heard that, I'm not denying it but can you provide a source?

No source, just my opinion based on him never getting any job he interviews for.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach   Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 8:28 am

Geez, isn't taking long for Wisconsin to decide......

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12018668/wisconsin-badgers-hire-pittsburgh-head-coach-paul-chryst

Obviously they didn't even do a search????
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach   Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 9:02 am

Sticking with their style that works. Good hire for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach   Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach Empty

Back to top Go down

Gary Andersen to become Oregon State's new head coach
Page 1 of 1