Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Louisville

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

Louisville Empty
PostSubject: Louisville   Louisville EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 11:55 pm

Payback time. They cheated their way to the NC we lost in 2013. With as easy as it is for jocks to get laid, I can't believe they had to use that as a recruiting tool.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Louisville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louisville   Louisville EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 8:48 am

Would rather beat them in the NCAA tourney. Unenjoyable but predictable result last night, playing the #1 team on the road. To Louisville's credit, they played suffocating defense on us. Originally we had several shots going halfway through, then bouncing out, then we began missing badly. Reminded me of a game against South Carolina a few years back.

The reality is our Big Ten opener with Iowa on Friday is more important to us, especially since we already have multiple signature non conference wins on our resume.The Big Ten is going to be a bear, it looks like. So far, OSU, Indiana, and Iowa already look better than they were projected to be. Maryland is good as aspected. MSU, well ......
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Louisville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louisville   Louisville EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 12:53 pm

No shame at losing to the number 1 team at their place in a hostile environment, especially after a long road trip to the Bahamas. I'm guessing jetlag had some input in the way they played. Considering all of that, I have all the confidence that if they repeat this game with some rest they could beat that team in a rematch. Hopefully, it will be in the NCAA tourney.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Louisville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louisville   Louisville EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 5:31 pm

They seemed a bit sluggish, but, man! 20% in the first half...who saw that coming? Seemed like we got some tough luck misses, then just started missing. Concern is the shut-down of Simpson. Others will defend him the same.
Back to top Go down
michmike

Louisville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louisville   Louisville EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 8:32 am

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
No shame at losing to the number 1 team at their place in a hostile environment, especially after a long road trip to the Bahamas. I'm guessing jetlag had some input in the way they played. Considering all of that, I have all the confidence that if they repeat this game with some rest they could beat that team in a rematch. Hopefully, it will be in the NCAA tourney.

Could NOT agree with you MORE, BC. Re: our 20% shooting in the first half:  I've never played organized (only pick-up) hoops, but based on experience gained having pitched, and played some local-level tournament tennis, no one will ever convince me the fluidity and mechanics of a player's stroke on his shot---be it a triple, a 10-footer in the paint, a turnaround J, or one of Teske's 3-footer while elevated---are NOT adversely affected by FATIGUE.

Same as it does your tennis swing (or golf, if you prefer), arm-speed/motion, you name it. (I'm sticking to PRECISION sports here).

And our BB men had plenty of reason to be fatigued...though our classy, estimable head coach REFUSED to make excuses afterward.
Much as I hated to see Beilein leave, I'm equally happy with his replacement. YOU GO, JUWON!!!
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Louisville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louisville   Louisville EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 9:10 am

michmike wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:

Could NOT agree with you MORE, BC. Re: our 20% shooting in the first half:  I've never played organized (only pick-up) hoops, but based on experience gained having pitched, and played some local-level tournament tennis, no one will ever convince me the fluidity and mechanics of a player's stroke on his shot---be it a triple, a 10-footer in the paint, a turnaround J, or one of Teske's 3-footer while elevated---are NOT adversely affected by FATIGUE.

Same as it does your tennis swing (or golf, if you prefer), arm-speed/motion, you name it. (I'm sticking to PRECISION sports here).

And our BB men had plenty of reason to be fatigued...though our classy, estimable head coach REFUSED to make excuses afterward.
Much as I hated to see Beilein leave, I'm equally happy with his replacement. YOU GO, JUWON!!!

Amen, Mike.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Louisville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louisville   Louisville EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 12:48 pm

michmike wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:

Ditto here, Mike. I think we lucked out finding a replacement for Coach B. One never knows what you get when hiring a coach, even considering their record. I think he'll do really good for us!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Louisville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louisville   Louisville Empty

Back to top Go down

Louisville
Page 1 of 1