Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN...

Go down 
+5
Admin
joe
MichiganFootball13
the artist formally known
EJinGA
9 posters
AuthorMessage
EJinGA

Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN... Empty
PostSubject: Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN...   Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN... EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 6:21 pm

Michigan is a team that recruits 4 and 5 star kids, and once again they are losing to a team that recruits 2 and 3 star kids, this time BADLY...

I know how most of you feel about Sparty, but Dantonio is showing you what a real coach is.

Let's hear the excuses about this one...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN...   Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN... EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 6:42 pm

Question affraid No Comment !!!!!Evil or Very Mad Exclamation 

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN...   Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN... EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 6:58 pm

Completely agree
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN...   Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN... EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 7:28 pm

Hoke, or at least his staff are not the answer.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN...   Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN... EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 7:36 pm

EJ, I'll agree with your first comment but wait on your.

I'm not ready to say they are not the answer.

PostSubject: Re: Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN...   Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN... EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 7:40 pm

A few of us have said that Hoke can succeed with top notch coordinators. I think this game further supports that theory. The horrible offense put the defense in a bad position all game, but how much is it on Mattinson?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN...   Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN... EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 7:57 pm

EJinGA wrote:
A few of us have said that Hoke can succeed with top notch coordinators. I think this game further supports that theory. The horrible offense put the defense in a bad position all game, but how much is it on Mattinson?
See, I go in the exact opposite direction from that.

This coaching staff, including Hoke, had two weeks to prepare for this game.

And hell, throw this game out. Just look at the product. We get tossed around the field week in and week out like rag dolls (even in many of the games we win). We can't win on the road. There is no discipline. There is no toughness.

And today, what I saw in that 4th quarter was a team that quit.

A team that quits should have its head chopped off, and the head is Hoke.

EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN...   Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN... EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 8:28 pm

Eh, yeah... I was going to respond with a defense for Hoke, but the way you put it....

Makes me wish the Lions were not in a bye week. Who has ever said that in the history of football? Mad 

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN...   Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN... EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 8:30 pm

So, you fire him tonight or wait until the end of the season?

What's your next plan? Who's going to be interim and who ya gonna get for next year?

PostSubject: Re: Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN...   Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN... EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 8:48 pm

Although the honeymoon is most definitely over, I think Hoke has to get another year. His recruits are still sophomores and freshmen. I think Mattison is a very good coordinator, but Borges simply has to go. If Hoke doesn't can him, I think he's sealing his own fate.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN...   Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN... EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 8:52 pm

Can't fire Hoke yet. I am sorry you just can't. He needs another year.

That said Funk needs to find his own ride home tonight.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN...   Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN... EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 8:57 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
Can't fire Hoke yet.  I am sorry you just can't.  He needs another year.    

That said Funk needs to find his own ride home tonight.  
Borges needs to go FIRST, and TONIGHT seems like the right time because he will have an extra hour to find his way home!!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN...   Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN... EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 9:01 pm

I agree Borgess is a complete and total waste, and the line coach better be looking for a ride too. It wouldn't hurt to hire a QB coach either as Gardner has made little or no progress

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN...   Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN... EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 9:14 pm

jjabilene wrote:
Although the honeymoon is most definitely over, I think Hoke has to get another year. His recruits are still sophomores and freshmen. I think Mattison is a very good coordinator, but Borges simply has to go. If Hoke doesn't can him, I think he's sealing his own fate.
Best post yet. Agree 100%.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN...   Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN... EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 9:25 pm

The defensive secondary has been just as infuriating as the offensive play calling, the offensive play and the offensive line. Does nobody else find this maddening?

Akron repeatedly torched us on big pass plays all game long and probably should have beaten us.

We could not hold a 10 point lead over a mediocre Penn State team with just 5 minutes left in the game. When they needed to tie it up, an 18 year old quarterback drove them 75 yards on our D in just 40 seconds.

Indiana, a game I went to, put up 47 points on us, nearly 500 yards of offense, and it always seemed to take them no more than 4 plays to score a touchdown.

MSU's offense has improved since the beginning of the year but just two weeks ago, their offense could only muster 7 points against lowly Purdue, and that was thanks to a trick play. Today, they really could have scored more than they did. Their receivers continued to have a wide cushion on our secondary, something that's been happening all year, and Cook overthrew them several times. The last drive Sparty scored just before halftime was pure frustrating.

The defense was supposed to be the strength of this team. At some point, some anger should be placed at Mattison as well, shouldn't it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN...   Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN... Empty

Back to top Go down

Totally out-classed, and out-coached, AGAIN...
Page 1 of 1